RENE SEPULVEDA MPH, CPT
RENEfit's owner, Rene (pronounced "Rinny") Sepulveda, has led many on the fitness journey through his own business since 2010, as an elite trainer at ClubSport Pleasanton since 2011 and as a Division I collegiate track & cross country coach for over 20 years. His most notable personal running achievements are two Olympic Marathon Trials. More recently, he has run Masters races throughout the world, which motivates clients to find their own inner athlete.
How does RENEfit do it? It’s in the three C’s:
Consistency in your training - through a written, customized program you will understand each step and gain momentum along the journey.
Commitment to your goals - bring a clear goal with you or let him inspire one with you; each goal is cumulative and leads to another peak or adventure.
Conquering your fears - by listening to you, being present each step of the way and gaining your trust, fears dissipate and are replaced by confidence, courage and camaraderie (three more C’s!)
Coach Rene has tailored running and core fitness programs to a wide variety of clients at all levels and ages. Many of these programs focus on increasing sports performance and returning from injuries, while others focus on weight loss and muscle building. In 2013, Rene launched highly popular training groups for Tough Mudder events, The Men’s Health Urbanathlon and Spartan races. Review Coach Rene's training programs.
Rene has presented coaching and running clinics and is a resource among trainers on how to design programs and prepare clients for obstacle races. He grew up in New Mexico and has strong multicultural ties through grandparents from Mexico (Tarahumara tribe, renowned for long-distance running), Spain and Ireland.
Memberships: American Council on Exercise (ACE), IDEA Health & Fitness Association, USA Track & Field and USATF Pacific Association for Northern California.
Education: University of Oklahoma, Masters of Public Health (MPH) in both Epidemiology and Health Promotion Sciences; Idaho State University, Bachelors of Science (BS) in Microbiology.
• 3 Track & Field Olympians
• 4 NCAA Individual Division I National Champions
• 22 NCAA All-Americans
• 34 Individual Conference Champions
• 8 NCAA & Conference Awards for Coach of the Year
• 1 World Masters Track & Field Champion
in the 800m, 1500m, and 2000m Steeplechase
• ACE Certified Personal Trainer
• TRX Suspension Training Certified
• Executive College of Life Coaching
• American Safety & Health Institute CPR/AED
• USATF Track & Field Certified
Serving the San Francisco East Bay Tri-Valley
• 2nd Place Overall San Francisco Men’s Health Urbanathlon 2013
• Finalist 1500m World Masters Track & Field Championships 2013
• 5 USATF Masters Track & Field National Championship Medals
• Top 20 finish US Snowshoe National Championships 2014
• Top 20 finish US Cross Country Club National Champtionships 2013
• 2-time US Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier 1996 & 2000
Personal Record Times
• Marathon 2:18
• Half Marathon 1:05 (Masters 1:09)
• 10k 29:13 (Masters 33:34)
• 5k 14:09 (Masters 15:22)
• 3000m 8:09 (Masters 8:54)
• 1500m 3:47 (Masters 4:09)
• 800m 1:49 (Masters 2:01)